Registration for NACCHO 360 has officially opened! Join us, July 7–9 in Denver for a conference that goes beyond informatics to also explore local health department information technology infrastructure and public health surveillance.
NACCHO 360 is not just any other NACCHO Annual conference—for the first time ever, NACCHO Annual convenes with PHIITS: Public Health Informatics, Information Technology, and Surveillance for a reimagined Public Health Informatics (PHI) conference. NACCHO 360 will empower cross-pollination, break down silos, and connect public health professionals and disciplines, while also preserving the pathways that respect the focus and interests of individual public health professions. This conference aims to explore how local health departments and public health stakeholders can extend beyond the status quo to reinvigorate the public health workforce; build and strengthen cross-sector partnerships, and innovate mechanisms for data- and information-sharing.
There are six conference tracks involved in fortifying the overall conference theme, Raising the Reach of Public Health. Tracks include:
- Track 1: Emerging Trends in Public Health and Public Health Policy, is all about how local health departments are developing public health policies, plans, and laws to respond to emerging trends.
- Track 2: Leadership and Workforce Development, focuses on assuring a competent workforce when contending with shrinking budgets and resources, staff reductions, increased workloads, and the ever-changing public health threats.
- Track 3: Community Engagement and Health Linkages, spotlights local health departments and their vital leadership role in convening health agencies, stakeholder organizations, and individuals in the community to collaboratively identify community health priorities and more.
- Track 4: Healthy Behaviors, aims to highlight data-driven approaches or initiatives to identify trends in behavioral health issues and collaborate with cross-sector stakeholders and community partners to respond.
- Track 5: Equity and Social Justice, explores how creating health equity requires both mitigating inequitable health outcomes through conventional programs and services and acting on the political and economic systems and powers that establish and uphold social inequities.
- Track 6: Applying Information and Technology to Improve Essential Public Health Services, showcases stakeholders’ efforts to collaborate, enhance existing infrastructure, and apply the necessary skills to improve the delivery of public health services. These varying tracks all have the main purpose of improving the health of the communities we serve.
Full descriptions of the conference tracks are available to view online.
Conference Attendees Get Discounted NACCHO Membership
Registering for NACCHO 360 makes you eligible for discounted individual NACCHO membership! Typically $125 per person, you can become a NACCHO member for just $75. Active membership makes you eligible for:
- Discounted registration for the 2021 conference
- Access to other NACCHO members
- Complimentary access to NACCHO Exchange, Public Health Dispatch, publications, assessment tools, and archives
- Advance notice about NACCHO funding opportunities
- Reduced registration fees and scholarships to attend NACCHO conferences
- Participation in one of our National Advisory Committee Workgroups
- Recognition in our NACCHO annual awards program
- Opportunities to receive grants from NACCHO to assist in emergency preparedness, food safety, and other programmatic work at the local level
- Discounts and access to NACCHO Career Network job postings and services
- Discounts on vital technological resources and tools you use in your daily work
Reserve Your Hotel Room
Reservations for the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel are now open. NACCHO has secured a block of rooms at the group rate of $199 plus applicable state and local taxes. A government per diem block has been reserved at the per diem rate of $195 (or prevailing government per diem) plus applicable state and local taxes. Reservations can be made until 5:00 PM EDT local time on June 12 or until the block is sold out—whichever comes first. Room block rates are for the dates of June 29–July 13. Make your room reservation today.
How to Register
The full conference registration fee includes admission to the opening reception, all regular conference sessions, and the exhibit hall. There are many registration options, including group and student options. Ready to register? Follow these steps!
- Visit nacchoannual.org/registration to view registration types.
- Choose to register yourself or as a group.
- Log in or create an account.
- Fill in the requested information.
Want to add PHIITS sessions to your schedule? Be sure to select “NA-PHIITS Registration” under “Event Fees” when registering.
Join us in Raising the Reach of Public Health at NACCHO 360 on July 7–9 in the Mile-High City! Register before May 15 to take advantage of early-bird registration rates.